Thursday, September 3, 2009

Role of Blogging in Education

This being my first blog I had never thought about blogging as something that could be used in education before. After reading the post by Vicki Davis for our class I had different ideas about how it could be used and I thought back to how I could have used it in my high school math classes as a tool. In some of my education classes we have discussed the importance of journaling in the math classes to see how the students thought about a problem and how they would go about solving it. I could see using a blog in a high school class to do this journaling. It would give me, as the teacher, a way to see how the students were understanding the material, and it would also give the students a way to use technology to do something that might not be so fun. I think that it could also be a way for students to feel less intimidated about asking a question about the subject matter.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you can use blogs to faciliate reflective thought even in math classes. It works well to link to the references that you include.

    Z

    ReplyDelete